httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirk.vangu...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: Comments on these 2 ideas
Date Tue, 20 Apr 1999 12:35:43 GMT

Jim Jagielski wrote:

> The first relates to MaxRequestsPerChild. Our conf files have this set
> to 30, yet the hard-coded default if no directive exists is 0. Shouldn't
> these be consistant? If so, which should we change?

Which IMHO is 'low' these days. I would prefer both to be in the order
of a couple of 100, say 500. Even with SunOS which leaks like a sieve
that is still an order of magnitude away from trouble area's. Or are
there other, worse, platforms ?

> Second, it would be "nice" to adjust SCOREBOARD_MAINTENANCE_INTERVAL
> without needing to recompile. Granted, this could be considered fluff,
> but I would think this useful especially for pre-compiled binaries.
> Should I bother generating a patch?

Harrie,

This is one for you; Does this not fit in with that SNMP thing
about increasing log and status levels when you actually want to
dynamically  monitor more closely when you suspect trouble. ???

Dw.