httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Apache-Apr description ?
Date Mon, 19 Apr 1999 22:07:19 GMT
Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 18, 1999 at 04:44:24PM +0200, Michel Debar wrote:
> > I would like to find a description of the Apache-apr project
>
> Basically, it is an extension of the Apache 1.3 design

This is a confusion.  The 'apache-apr project' is devoted to
constructing a portable runtime library (the 'pr' in 'apr')
that can be used in more things than just the Apache Web server
(the 'portable' in 'portable runtime').

It happens that the apache-apr directory tree has also been
used as the working area for the 'hybrid server' project, which
is what Manoj described.

>From the recent voting, it seems clear that the hybrid server
project will be moving out of the apache-apr tree and into its
own, leaving apache-apr containing *only* the APR project.
--
#ken    P-)}