httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: DISCUSS: apache-apr -> (1.4|2.0)
Date Sat, 17 Apr 1999 15:26:37 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems that an appropriate path
> would be to
>
> 1. Release 1.3.7
> 2. Copy 1.3.7 to the 'N' module
> 3. Merge 1.3.7 changes into the hybrid
> 4. Merge the resulting hybrid into 'N'

I don't understand step (3). Why merge the changes over to the hybrid?
Since the hybrid is merging back into N, the resulting apache-N will
have the 1.3.7 changes. In other words: nuke (3).

Note that 1.3.7 can start picking up some of the changes made to the
hybrid. For example: some thread safety changes, and Manoj's perf
changes. This will minimize step (4) by spreading the effort out.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/