httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-apr/pthreads/src/main util.c
Date Sat, 17 Apr 1999 08:41:07 GMT
Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 17, 1999 at 12:48:54AM -0700, Greg Stein wrote:
> > manoj@hyperreal.org wrote:
> > >   Revision  Changes    Path
> > >   1.4       +60 -15    apache-apr/pthreads/src/main/util.c
> >
> > Why was this done on the -apr branch rather than the 1.3 branch?
>
> It seems to improve performace, and I like to see big numbers in my
> benchmarks. :) But I do want to put this in the 1.3 tree also; I just
> make 1.3 changes a little bit more cautiously since it is the stable
> release tree.
>
> AFAICT, util.c has no threading-related changes in the apache-apr
> repository. It can be ignored in any effort to patch 1.3 to apache-apr
> HEAD. But if people want, I'll revert the commit.

Oh, I don't think it needs reverting, but simply recognizing that we now
have to look for non-thread-related changes to the 1.3 and the apr trees
and merge those into a final. *shrug*  My point was merely that the
merge process might be easier if the non-thread changes only occurred on
one branch, and that it will help 1.3.7 when it goes out the door.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/