httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: VOTE: apache-apr -> (1.4|2.0)
Date Sat, 17 Apr 1999 07:46:37 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> Ballot for Apache 1.4/2.0 directions:
>
> I:      YES  [X]       NO  [ ]
> II:     1.4  [ ]       2.0 [X]
> IIIa:   YES  [X]       NO  [ ]
> IIIb:   YES  [X]       NO  [ ]
> IIIc:   YES  [X]       NO  [ ]
> IIId:   YES  [ ]       NO  [X]
> IIIe:   YES  [X]       NO  [ ]

Commentary :-) ... I think it would be best to patch a 1.3.6 up to
APR-level, rather than starting with APR. Seems more likely to produce a
stable version, and it provides another chance for people to look at the
delta between 1.3.6 and APR (for instance, there has been no way to keep
up (speaking for myself :-) with all the patches from Manoj and Ryan the
past few weeks). An alternative may be allowing apr to stabilize a bit
more, drop a 1.3.7 out the door, and merge at that point.

IIIe: the -apr project would need to be trimmed way, way back -- from an
Apache variant to just a lib. I'm so-so on this, compared to simply
isolating an apr layer within the (new) apache-2.0 tree.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/