httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/os/win32 registry.c registry.hservice.c service.h
Date Sat, 10 Apr 1999 19:43:43 GMT
Bill Stoddard wrote:

> Marc Slemko wrote:
> >
> > On 8 Apr 1999 stoddard@hyperreal.org wrote:
> >
> > > stoddard    99/04/08 13:26:28
> > >

> > Hey.  none of 'dat ^Z stuff.  <g>
>
> Ooops... I'm trying something new and it bit me! I am developing on my
> NT machine with the code residing in a Samba share on my AIX machine. I
> edit on the NT side and commit from the AIX side. I can compile Apache
> on NT and AIX w/o copying the source around. Fixing it now:-O

Don't do that! The only non-broken way to do this (IMO) is to run CVS on
the Windoze box. This works fine, and you avoid all the newline and
ctl-z crap.

Unfortunately, it doesn't let you go from one machine to another without
committing. What we need is a hierarchical CVS (yeah, I know, there's
one being worked on, I look forward to it).

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html