httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Adopting apache-apr/pthreads as base for apache-1.4?
Date Tue, 06 Apr 1999 19:59:50 GMT
As a technical discussion jumping-off place, I'd like to
propose that we set up a repository module for Apache 1.4,
based upon the thread/process hybrid server stuff in the
apache-apr/pthreads CVS module.

I think the hybrid server should be the next major release
of Apache.  I think one of the goals should be to maintain
as much compatibility as possible with platforms (and modules)
supported on 1.3 (i.e., minimal API changes), but moving to
allow the use of threads where available.

Any opposed?
--
#ken	P-)}