httpd-dev mailing list archives

From david.whitma...@dial.pipex.com (David Whitmarsh)
Subject per-thread memory pools
Date Fri, 02 Apr 1999 02:23:43 GMT

I've been looking at my ugly hack to fix the win95 mod_proxy dynamic
uses the Apache API functions.

The basic problem is a need to store a few "static" variables on a
per-thread basis. I believe the most natural solution would be to
create a memory pool per thread, cleaned up at thread exit. Although
not strictly necessary, it would perhaps be useful to provide a hook
for per-thread initialisation of a module.

I'm quite happy to dive in and make these changes and provide a patch,
but I though it wise to first check if anyone else is already doing
this, perhaps in the pthreads development.

Opinions?
Suggestions?

David

David Whitmarsh