httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@mch.sni.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-apr/docs networkio.txt
Date Wed, 28 Apr 1999 16:21:52 GMT
>   Added:       apr/network_io/unix poll.c
>   Removed:     apr/network_io/unix select.c
>   Log:
>   Changed apr_select to apr_poll.  It looks more portable, and it was what we had
>   originally designed, so I went back to it.  I also updated the test suite to
>   use apr_poll instead of apr_select.

Isn't the choice between poll() and select() part of the whole abstraction
idea? I thought that we should be able to work with both, and apr should
be configurable for the individual *nix variant to use the variant that's
better supported (IIRC select() works better in BSD derived *nix's and
poll() works better in SysV derived *nix's).

    Martin
--
<Martin.Kraemer@MchP.Siemens.De>      |        Siemens Information and
Phone: +49-89-636-46021               |        Communication  Products