httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: i see the light
Date Tue, 27 Apr 1999 14:26:34 GMT

Dean writes:
> The difficulty is in allowing libraries to extend ap_error_t dynamically.
> static solutions are pretty easy to come by.  I can think of a few methods
> off the top of my head...

Yeah.  Dynamically populating the space of error codes looks pretty
necessary.  Modules loading at runtime need it.

Implies some technique to rondevous with the apr's error code tables
as modules load.

Sadly it would seem to imply a mapping from OS error codes into
APR error codes making APR much less light weight.

Might as well use atoms/symbols for the error codes at that point.

We really need them for keying lots of things: headers, methods,
new API, and now errors.

  - ben