httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: Suggestion: shtool
Date Mon, 26 Apr 1999 14:28:43 GMT

In article <19990422183722.A88871@engelschall.com> you wrote:

> [...]
> At least for Apache 1.4/2.0 it sounds reasonable to use shtool, of course :)

Although I'm rather sure Jim will not change his general opinion on shtool ;),
here is the final note at least for the group that shtool 1.1.0 was released
today. It's a complete overhauled version for which I've spent 25 extra hours
over the weekend. It now even includes a complete manual page covering all
tools and options, it contains a small GNU autoconf environment for building
and installing, I've cleaned up and merged the ingredients, added a few more
goodies from my script archive, etc. So, at least those interested in such
tools (especially for other Open Source packages) should look at it and take
again my suggestion that for Apache 1.4/2.0 one should consider replacing most
of our current scripts with shtool calls.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com