httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: Back to the roots
Date Sun, 25 Apr 1999 13:47:18 GMT

In article <199904251335.JAA07912@devsys.jaguNET.com> you wrote:
> Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

>[...]
> Now that the cat is out of the bag, however, what will happen if, for
> example, AG decides that having src/helpers available as a seperate
> package IS worthwhile and decides to do it?

Hhmmmmm... nothing, I think. The AG is allowed to create an own AG package,
because the AG _OWNS_ the particular version of the scripts under
src/helpers/* and has the copyright on it. So, why should something happen?
No, it just would be a little bit silly to have two totally similar
packages...

> No matter what, however, people have the right and indeed the obligation
> to bring up sticky points. I don't care a fig if I never contributed a
> single line of code (which is, of course, not the case), as a member of
> AG I have the responsibility to the group and if I see something which
> I think could compromise it, I have to bring it up.

Sure.

> I'm sure no one wants you to leave AG. I certainly don't. I brought
> this up to ensure that people could discuss it, rather than people
> not talking about it and maybe the seeds of contention and alienation
> being planted.

Yes, accepted. Perhaps shtool was only the reason for bringing up the topic
the first time, although I always treat such things a little bit to
personally. Nevertheless I think we should really considering going back to
the roots or we will fail in the long-term. I'm at least personally 100%
convinced that we will not survive in the long-term when we don't go back to
the roots of coding and reducing politics...

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com