httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src CHANGES
Date Wed, 21 Apr 1999 18:17:13 GMT

In article <Pine.LNX.3.96dg4.990421103929.30703r-100000@twinlark.arctic.org> you wrote:

> Ugh.  It's no wonder "./configure --help" takes a minute to get around to
> displaying the help unless you're on a kickass system.
> At some point all this pandering to present pretty messages to people who
> never even build the server makes the tool completely useless.

APACI was written with 100% portability in mind and not performance, of
course.  So I don't see what should be wrong with an if-cascade like the one
in src/helper/builtinfo.sh? You cannot do it a lot better because in practice
too much different Unix flavors exists...

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com