httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Owenby <sh...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Holy FUD Batman!
Date Wed, 14 Apr 1999 14:14:16 GMT
On Wed, Apr 14, 1999 at 03:11:09AM -0700, Marc Slemko wrote:

> That doesn't mean they aren't useful or that they aren't fun to optimize
> for.

Marc since it seems that you have figured out what the problems are with
this test are it would be nice if you were to share the
finding from your research @

http://lwn.net/1999/features/MindCraft.phtml
[lwn = Linux Weekly News]

The SAMBA guys have already put up some issues there, and
some Linux kernel guys have also raised some issues about
the OS config, and how the SMP kernel was configured.
I suppose that just leaves the Apache config problems.

I am going to try to simulate the test on my RH5.2/2.2.1 system
a Dual PII 400Mhz with 384Ram.  Also I am going to look into
the numbers our test team is using during the 'stress tests'
of Apache on Linux.  If I find something interesting I will
post it.

Shane Owenby
IBM-Apache Development