httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: apache-apr
Date Tue, 13 Apr 1999 22:53:57 GMT
On Tue, Apr 13, 1999 at 02:49:56PM -0700, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> I thought Bill already did this benchmark and showed that the difference
> is under a percent.

Bill will be posting new performance results any minute now. Stay
tuned...

> > Oh, and pthread_cancel won't help in this case, because accept() is
> > not a defined cancellation point.
>
> All asynchronous notification is evil...

Even deferred cancellation? I've never liked asynchronous
cancellation, but is deferred cancellation with the ability to turn
cancellability on and off evil as well?

> stop hoping it'll work ;)

Hey! :)

I've been hoping the poll-accept model will be at least as fast,
because the code is simpler.

"'Why do you blow on people?' I don't know." -- Benny Hinn