httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-apr/include apr_file_io.h
Date Sat, 10 Apr 1999 19:04:45 GMT
On Sat, Apr 10, 1999 at 05:51:30PM +1000, Brian Havard wrote:
> The way I see it there shouldn't be any platform specific stuff in
> apr_file_io.h so putting stuff like:
>
>     DIR *dirstruct;
> typedef struct dirent     apr_dirent_t;
>
> in it isn't a good idea. We need to define and use our own structures and
> hide these platform specific details in the library code.

I haven't payed too much attention to the specifics of the APR work,
but why can't apr_dirent_t be typedefed to something different for
OS/2, NT, and friends? Or are you saying that the native OS/2 APIs
don't even use opendir()-like semantics?

"This show is sort of like a circus, right?" - Mark Mullen
"Sort of?" - Thalia Assuras