httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@devsys.jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: NSPR License
Date Sat, 10 Apr 1999 12:12:01 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> > Wilfredo Sanchez wrote:
> > >
> > >   This may be noise coming late, but I just had lunch with Chris
> > > McAfee at Netscape and met some of the Mozilla team, to get advice on
> > > Darwin stuff. While I was there, they mentioned that the license is
> > > rolling Real Soon Now (like next week) including changes made
> > > specifically to "make the Apache guys happy".
> >
> > Well, the license may or not be better, but just how "solid" is
> > Mozilla now? I'm not a gamblin' man, but I wouldn't put my eggs into
> > that basket right now.
>
> So what?  I mean, Netscape could stop participating in the Mozilla project
> entirely, and we could still continue to use and improve the NSPR code in
> our tree.

The entire NSPR code, or just the bits we need? From what I found out
playing with Dean's apache-nspr, NSPR had a lot of "extra" stuff that
we'd never use. So at the least, we'd need to separate the wheat
from the chaff.

If the LICENSE is such that we can pull out what we need and add it
to APR, then cool. Maybe that's what you meant.