httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: Adopting apache-apr/pthreads as base for apache-1.4?
Date Thu, 08 Apr 1999 22:36:54 GMT
On Fri, Apr 09, 1999 at 12:03:14AM +0200, Martin Kraemer wrote:
> -0.5  - as (if I'm correct, which I may be not) it will break apache for
> 	platforms with no thread support. I think nobody cared for
> 	preserving backward compatibility?!

Right now, it won't run without thread support, but I don't think
it'll be hard to put non-threaded support back in, especially since
Bill put that accept abstraction code in. So the decision on support
for old platforms can still be made.

"Only reason I can't survive is if I'm dead or something" -- Mike Tyson