httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: apr compile error on Solaris 2.5
Date Thu, 08 Apr 1999 08:41:31 GMT
On Wed, Apr 07, 1999 at 07:15:44PM -0700, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> This may or may not be do to a recent change (my first attempt to
> compile the pthreads version).
>
> gcc -c  -I../os/unix -I../include  -pipe -g -O2 -DSOLARIS2=250 -Wall -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -Winline -DALLOC_DEBUG -DPOOL_DEBUG
alloc.c

First, we never added the appropriate line in os.h for an inline
ap_spawnvp.  Second, no one until now has exercized the alloc.c DEBUG
calls, so there were a bunch of minor breakages.

I've just started learning alloc.c, but the attached patch seems to
fix the warnings and errors you list. Did I do this right?

The code still needs a good warnings scrubbing. The warning flags
above expose more stuff that hasn't been dealt with yet.

"Other people have dreams and I just laugh at them."
  -- Linus Torvalds, Linux Expo '98