httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@devsys.jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: mod_setenvif and APACI
Date Wed, 07 Apr 1999 12:22:17 GMT
Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> Hmmm... depends on the added third-party module, of course.  But we've no
> problem here, because you can _PERMUTE_ the modules inside the list, of
> course.  You just do 10 times an --add-module (which all are placed per
> default _after mod_setenvif) and finally you fix the list by adding a single
> --permute-module=setenvif:END and you're happy again :-)

Well, I know you can permute it/bubble it down, but that doesn't seem
quite right. Either there is no need for mod_setenvif to be last, in
which case we change the note in Configuration.tmpl, or
'--permute-module=setenvif:END' should be the "default" as it were.
Having to take extra steps to have it do the correct thing is pretty
counter-intuitive :)