httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Jones" <b...@fccj.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: MSIE4 & Pragma]
Date Tue, 06 Apr 1999 13:24:50 GMT

----------
>From: Brian Schau <bsc@fleggaard.dk>
>To: new-httpd@apache.org, ".L admin" <linux-admin@vger.rutgers.edu>
>Subject: [Fwd: MSIE4 & Pragma]
>Date: Tue, Apr 6, 1999, 3:33 AM
>

> Don't know if you guys know this, but:
>
>> "Pragma: No-cache" Tag May Not Prevent Page from Being Cached (Q222064)
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q222/0/64.asp
>

> Is the same true for Netscape?  I don't seem to be able to override the
> users cache-preference from my cgi-scripts ...  (Using Pragma,
> Cache-Control et. al.)

I am pretty sure that the pragma: no-cache is for PROXY servers only.

Is that where you are expecting it to work and it's not;
or are you calling a CGI and embedding the statement in a header?

Curious,
-Sneex-  :]
Bill Jones  |  FCCJ Webmaster  |  http://www.fccj.org/cgi/mail?webmaster
FCCJ  |  501 W State St  |  Jacksonville, FL 32202  |  1 (904) 632-3089

         Jacksonville Perl Mongers
         http://jacksonville.pm.org
         jax@jacksonville.pm.org