httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@devsys.jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: NSPR ping.
Date Mon, 05 Apr 1999 20:27:11 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:

> I am +1 on giving up on NSPR now, and beginning work on APR.

I tend to agree. I think that NSPR, and maybe a lot of the power and
push behind Mozilla, may be lost now. Despite a small vague Email from
Steve Case, I think most believe that Mozilla is not long for this
mortal coil.

Not only that, but also as mentioned before, APR allows us to avoid
the extra baggage that NSPR has with it, making porting to unsupported
platforms more troublesome than it should be. With APR we can specify
_exactly_ what functionality we need, what it depends on and cut-and-dried
methods of implementing them on various platforms.