httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Reilly" <trei...@livesoftware.com>
Subject am I dreaming?
Date Wed, 24 Mar 1999 04:21:43 GMT

After a more diligent scanning I noticed that the
MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER_MAJOR was changed because METHODS and M_INVALID
were redefined.  Maybe these changes were important bug fixes but they
seem to just be cosmetic to me, in which case I feel like they could
have been deferred to a later Apache version.

Is backwards compatibility of precompiled DSO modules not something
that Apache aims to maintain?  It seems like a very desirable feature
to me but the fact there have been 20 changes to
MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER_MAJOR since 1.3 left beta leads me to believe that
I'm the only one that feels that way.

--
Tom Reilly
Live Software, Inc