httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Eilebrecht <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 STATUS
Date Fri, 26 Mar 1999 00:04:40 GMT
According to Rodent of Unusual Size:

>  The STATUS file indicates it hasn't been announced yet.  It says
>  1.3.6-dev is the current release.  I haven't seen anything sent

I just updated STATUS... Right after I released 1.3.6 (yes
1.3.6 *is* out) one of my hard disks (the one with /home) died with
a hardware failure and I wasn't able to update STATUS earlier. I'm
still trying to recover from the crash (my DAT drive went *kaboom*
last week and I cannot access my backup tapes). :-/

Anyway, STATUS clearly noted the release/announce date and time:

      - Tarball tagging/rolling:  March 22. Monday
      - Release date:             March 24. Wednesday [ 0:00 CET]
      - Announcement:             March 24. Wednesday [23:00 CET]

I haven't seen any postings regarding any problems and therefore
released and announced 1.3.6 at the scheduled time.

>  to apache-announce about 1.3.6 being released.  We don't have

Don't know what's going on with apache-announce, I sent out
the announcement two days ago (AFAIK Brian already added my
address to the access list for apache-announce some month ago).
I sent Brian a mail regarding apache-announce, but haven't
received an answer yet.

>  more than a handful of binaries ready, and they haven't
>  been moved into /dist/binaries/*/ yet.

We've currently 17 binary dists and I moved all available
dists from the dev site to /dist/binaries on the 24th.
I wasn't able to copy your freebsd dist, because permissons
where set to 600. I posted a note about this to new-httpd
three days ago.

>  I backed that down based on the best available information --

Aren't you reading apache-cvs??

>  the STATUS file and apache-announce -- which indicated
>  1.3.6 wasn't out there yet.  It seemed clear that the site
>  had been updated prematurely.  It's back, but this has
>  been a bit messy throughout.

No offense, but nobody should ever change anything regarding
the release version before talking with the release manager!

Lars Eilebrecht                   - Brain fried... core dumped.

View raw message