httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Eilebrecht <l...@hyperreal.org>
Subject NO RELEASE.......................... (was RE: STATUS!)
Date Sat, 20 Mar 1999 16:13:48 GMT
According to Lars Eilebrecht:

>  RELEASE SHOWSTOPPERS:
>
>      * mod_access/3821: check_dir_access(), reads a->order[31]
>        => either an if-clause should be added or the M_INVALID changed
>
>      * mod_so/3493: os/unix/os.c dlclose()s objects before module cleanups
>        => this is a subtle thing related to pool cleanups, I think.

Ok, IMO these are our showstoppers and MUST BE fixed for 1.3.5.

I won't roll the tarball until these bugs are fixed!!

Dean, please look at the check_dir_access() problem. AFAIK you have the
most experience with the directory walk stuff.

I just talked to Ralf on the phone and he told me that he'll try
to look at the dlclose() problem, but someone else should at it, too.
Martin, how about you?

>  RELEASE NON-SHOWSTOPPERS BUT WOULD BE REAL NICE TO WRAP THESE UP:
>
>    * mod_rewrite/3874: RewriteLock doesn't work for virtual hosts
>      => When I find time, I can look at this. But I would appreciate
>         when someone other already can dive into this. My opinion
>         is already appended to the PR.

Ralf may not has the time to fix this for 1.3.5. Can someone else
fix this bug??

>    * long pathnames with many components and no AllowOverride None
>        Workaround is to define <Directory /> with AllowOverride None,
>        which is something all sites should do in any case.

Marc, what's the status on this!?

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht                - All the simple programs have been
lars@hyperreal.org          - written, and all the good names taken.