httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@lerdorf.on.ca>
Subject Re: Adding a serverroot option to config.layout
Date Thu, 25 Mar 1999 15:24:12 GMT
> Is there a reason why logfiledir and sysconfdir are changed to use serverroot
> while runtimedir and libexecdir and others are not?  Looks a little bit
> inconsistent to me or I've still not understood the real intent of
> serverroot.

Hrm...  Looking at this more closely, I think you are right.  There is no
reason for this patch.  Just adding a RedHat layout to config.layout
should be enough.  I was assuming RH had a good reason for adding this
serverroot switch, but hunting through the files I don't really see
it.  So I will revise my earlier patch and simply suggest:

*** apache_1.3.6/config.layout.rh	Thu Mar 25 09:26:16 1999
--- apache_1.3.6/config.layout	Thu Mar 25 09:35:34 1999
***************
*** 77,79 ****
--- 77,96 ----
      logfiledir:    $prefix/Logs
      proxycachedir: $prefix/ProxyCache
  </Layout>
+
+ #   RedHat 5.x layout
+ <Layout RedHat>
+     prefix:        /usr
+     exec_prefix:   $prefix
+     bindir:        $prefix/bin
+     sbindir:       $prefix/sbin
+     libexecdir:    $prefix/lib/apache
+     mandir:        $prefix/man
+     sysconfdir:    /etc/httpd/conf
+     datadir:       /home/httpd
+     includedir:    $prefix/include/apache
+     localstatedir: /var
+     runtimedir:    $localstatedir/run
+     logfiledir:    $localstatedir/log/httpd
+     proxycachedir: $localstatedir/cache/httpd
+ </Layout>

-Rasmus