httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject RE: adding vhost-specific data to shared error logs
Date Mon, 01 Mar 1999 16:16:54 GMT

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Dietz, Phil E. wrote:

> I think most users of apache feel that "piped logs" are "some kind of
> complex feature that power users need, now how do I get my logs to rotate?"
>
> If pipes are going to be the official way of doing any advanced-logging, I
> would suggest that a robust logger process be written and become standard in
> the apache package.

I don't care really if it becomes standard... but it's something that
should be done (been said before :)

What I see as the problem is that you can't get everyone to agree as to
how logging should be done.  It's one of those things that has a hundred
and one variations.  And I don't think it's in our interest to put a
complex language into apache just for the sake of controlling where and
what is logged.

Dean