httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Skolnick <cl...@steam.com>
Subject Re: mmap and freebsd 2.2.x
Date Tue, 16 Mar 1999 20:09:48 GMT

On solaris2.6 at least it behaved quite well.  I just worked on two heavily
loaded servers that kept running out of memory due to lack of enough swap
and an outrageously high MaxClients (1800!).  Apache on the machines
machines ran for days, with NFS mounted executables and DocumentRoot.  I can
grep for hundreds of can not fork() messages per hour at peak.

Cliff

--
Cliff Skolnick
Steam Tunnel Operations