httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.org>
Subject Re: Apache 2 mutiple pools feature request
Date Wed, 03 Mar 1999 18:48:21 GMT
On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Costin Manolache wrote:
> but it seems you just described Corba ( or at least GIOP).
> Having IIOP as wire protocol and a good API that allows access to the full
> Apache API will solve a lot of problems ( and you get for free many years of
> research and many existing implementations ).

I've not had much experience with Corba, but those who have say it's too
slow and complex for server-side apps concerned about speed.  I think it'd
be great to see if that was due to the protocol itself, or simply due to
poor implementations.  But it'll be tough to beat a custom protocol.

> I tried to create a "mod_corba" using Mico and it worked fine, even in
> non-multithreaded model. ( the only problem: mico uses C++ - but my
> target was to allow a Java program call Apache APIs - it worked fine as
> a demo - and it was almost easy to implement it).

Is this a module you can share?  I'd at least like to try and get my hands
dirty with it...

	Brian