httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: error_log httpd: prefix
Date Thu, 11 Mar 1999 05:09:53 GMT
On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Hey, so why do we now have a "httpd: " prefix to all the error_log
> entries?  Seems like a waste of 6 bytes per line.

Yuck.  This got snuck in with some other of the messy target changes,
which I'm still not too fond of since going crazy with changing everything
everywhere automatically based on such a thing just creates confusion.

There is an advantage in that it arguably provides a way to more easily
distinguish Apache lines from lines that scripts spew (although that has
to be fixed sometime too...) but it is NOT acceptable since it completely
breaks anything parsing the logs for no good reason.