httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Kallen <...@gamespot.com>
Subject Re: why reboot after win32 install?
Date Mon, 01 Mar 1999 20:58:31 GMT
Paul,
I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt but now that I'm
largely over my flu and back in the office  where I have a scratch machine
to do installations on virgin machines here's what I found:

On NT 4.0 server w/sp4 freshly rebooted and no other diddling with it.
Run the IS installer, _before_ you get to the prompt to view the readme,
you're informed that installation has finished putting everything in place
and that we must reboot to complete the installation.  If you decline the
reboot, it will then prompt you for the readme otherwise you just cycle
the machine without ever getting informed of the readme.

So perhaps putting the dll's in the system folder just automatically
triggers this behavour in IS -- if it's truly unnecessary, then this
behaviour should be suppressed.

my two cents anyway...
-Ian