httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <>
Subject Re: Moving user and auth_type to request_rec
Date Wed, 24 Mar 1999 18:18:38 GMT

My plan had been to leave this out of apache-1.3 enitrely.  I cannot see a
good reason to do this, because it requires not only that people rebuild
their modules, but potentially also have to re-write them.  With
apache-apr, ALL third-party modules will have to be considered at least
before they are re-built, because they must be thread-safe.  Asking people
who use these fields to make this change as well is minimal.

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> > Good catch.  I am posting the updated patch now.  I looked for all the
> > cases like the ones above, and I believe I caught them all.
> I'm +0 on this going into 1.3 (I don't see a pressing need for it... only
> do it if we break binary compatibility for something that needs it.)
> But +1 on this going into apache-apr.
> Dean

Ryan Bloom
4205 S Miami Blvd