httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Janelle <vjane...@home.com>
Subject Re: incoming FTP directory on taz?
Date Wed, 17 Mar 1999 03:02:25 GMT
Yeah.  I was getting pissed off with wu-ftpd so I setup roxen's ftp server.
Then I setup /incoming and twiddled with it.  Saw "bitrot", went "wtf", clicked
on it, and went "cool".

[random@cr373760-a random]$ file wmCalClock-1.22.tar.gz
wmCalClock-1.22.tar.gz: gzip compressed data, deflated, original filename, last modified:
Wed Feb 24 07:57:05 1999, os: Unix

[random@cr373760-a random]$ gunzip wmCalClock-1.22.tar.gz
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

=)

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, you wrote:
> Whoa.  I haven't heard of something so useless in a long time.  Touche!
>
> 	Brian
>
> On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Vincent Janelle wrote:
> > LOL.
> >
> > Roxen has a /incoming/ directory module with this "cool" option called "bitrot"
> > =)
> >
> > If people try and upload warez, they're gonna get a "big" surprised when they
> > try and extract it.  by default, anything after the first 2637bytes or so will
> > have a nice 3% corruption rate or something similiar =)
> >
> > I tried it, this tarball reported as a gzip file, but cored gunzip quite nicely
> > =)

According to Microsoft KnowledgeBase article Q216641, Microsoft Windows
95/98 are limited to an uptime of *exactly* 49.7 days.
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q216/6/41.aspy
--http://random.gimp.org --mailto:random@gimp.org --UIN 23939474
--Try "talk random@random.themes.org" sometime =)