httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-devsite/apidoc ...
Date Tue, 30 Mar 1999 22:48:37 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Greg Stein wrote:
> >
> > <I> tags to <EM> tags is the incorrect translation... It should be <VAR>
> > instead for most of the tags that you translated.
> >
> > It is a Good Thing to not use <I>. Granted. But they really should be
> > <VAR>.
>
> No argument.. but it's done by a script.  Correctly determining
> when to (and when not to :-) use <VAR> requires a judgment call,
> which means manual editing, and there's just a little too much
> for that right now.  Maybe later, when there's lots of leisure.. ;->

Understood, but look at the distribution of <VAR> vs. <EM>
appropriateness.

Couldn't you just tweak the script to replace with <VAR> and re-run the
thing? I took a look thru... <VAR> is going to be the appropriate tag in
all the cases that I saw. I think the number of errors will be greatly
minimized by rewriting to <VAR> than to <EM>.

-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/