httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 STATUS
Date Fri, 26 Mar 1999 15:49:18 GMT
Roy wrote:

> Ken, the website is supposed to be updated a FULL DAY BEFORE the
> announcement.

Yup.  And the copy in CVS is frequently committed several days in
advance, and only activated with a 'cvs update' when the release
is actually ready.  Since it didn't look like the release had gone
out, it appeared that the update had been done prematurely.

Lars Eilebrecht wrote:

> According to Rodent of Unusual Size:
>
> >  The STATUS file indicates it hasn't been announced yet.  It says
> >  1.3.6-dev is the current release.  I haven't seen anything sent
>
> I just updated STATUS... Right after I released 1.3.6 (yes
> 1.3.6 *is* out) one of my hard disks (the one with /home) died with
> a hardware failure and I wasn't able to update STATUS earlier. I'm
> still trying to recover from the crash (my DAT drive went *kaboom*
> last week and I cannot access my backup tapes). :-/

Wow, you have *backups*? :-)

> >  more than a handful of binaries ready, and they haven't
> >  been moved into /dist/binaries/*/ yet.
>
> We've currently 17 binary dists and I moved all available
> dists from the dev site to /dist/binaries on the 24th.
> I wasn't able to copy your freebsd dist, because permissons
> where set to 600. I posted a note about this to new-httpd
> three days ago.

I fixed it within an hour of receiving the message; I mv'd them
yesterday w/o changing the permissions, which show as 775 -- so
I don't know what went wrong.  It wasn't clear from your message
that we were supposed to move them after fixing the perms.. sorry.

> Aren't you reading apache-cvs??

Yup, but see my note above about commits versus updates.

> No offense, but nobody should ever change anything regarding
> the release version before talking with the release manager!

Absolutely.  Mea maxima culpa. :-(
--
#ken    P-)}