httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirk.vangu...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: Moving user and auth_type to request_rec
Date Wed, 24 Mar 1999 16:31:50 GMT

Greg Stein wrote:

> Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

... cut ...
> Generalizing? I think that is already done. conn_rec and request_rec. Do
> you have additional suggestions for this mechanism?

I am just going through the authenticated proxy spec from netscape and
firewall one, whilst comparing it to the ID of http/1.1.

You are quite right.

Putting conn_rec and request_rec next to each other I am inclined to agree
that user/type is indeed better off in the request rec. (and leaving
remote-ip, host and logname where they where).

I am wondering if it would be good to add similar records to the request
record to be able to do hop-by-hop access.conf things, etc, etc, as opposed
to the origin server/final client information only.

Dw