httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Tagged 1.3.5 does not compile on Win32
Date Mon, 22 Mar 1999 13:05:33 GMT
Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

>                     Nevertheless we should have again learned that comitting
> new stuff at the last minute isn't the best idea one can have.

Actually, I think the problem lies more in the fact that the
tree gets tagged before it's validated.  I think we would be better
served if we locked out changes, validated the build on all platforms,
*then* tagged, unlocked, and rolled.  Then we'd be tagging something
known to be good, rather than using the tagged source for testing.

But I think we've had this discussion before.. haven't we?

Personally I'd rather have mod_env tagged forward and roll a new
tarball.  That would mean all the binaries already built would
have to be re-built, so that's no good.  The same reason makes
tagging the tree as 1.3.6 unpalatable -- so I guess we should
stick with the difference for now and try to come out with
1.3.6 or 2.0a1 ASAP. :-)
--
#ken	P-)}

"Apache Server for Dummies" <http://WWW.Dummies.Com/