httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: [patch] mod_access/3821
Date Sun, 21 Mar 1999 01:20:15 GMT
I don't think we can reasonably keep extending the list of
methods known by the core as they become defined by drafts
and RFCs.  (Particularly if the core isn't prepared to
handle them.)  And managing a binary list is nasty.

Unfortunately, the core isn't currently set up very well (!)
for method extension by modules.

I suspect this will be addressed by keeping the core-handled
methods in a binary structure the way they are now, but
allowing modules to register additional arbitrary methods
which will be recorded in a parallel structure (probably
string-based).
--
#ken	P-)}

"Apache Server for Dummies" <http://WWW.Dummies.Com/