httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael H. Voase" <mvo...@midcoast.com.au>
Subject Re: Apache 2 mutiple pools feature request
Date Wed, 03 Mar 1999 12:28:43 GMT
> > Things like the ability to do a sub-request,
> > per-directory or per-location configuration directives, access to the
> > various ap_table lists, apache_note passing to the logging module and
> > other custom modules along with inheriting the log file descriptors and
> > being able to write to Apache's log files plus a bunch of other stuff I
> > can't think of right now.  I suppose an IPC protocol could be built to do
> > pass all this around along with all the logic to control the number of
> > instances of the daemon, but it seems like a lot of duplicated work when
> > this has all been done in the Apache code already.

Keep 'em coming , Im listening to this so just keep
rattling on with what you want and I'll look at what I
can do . Remeber that cgisock is an IPC protocol and
can supply most of the things you are asking without
the incumberances of FastCGGI . Just keep the segestions
rolling in and look out for cgisock V 0.2.0

Cheers Mik Voase.

 /~\     /~\            CASTLE INDUSTRIES PTY. LTD.
 | |_____| |            Incorporated 1969. in N.S.W., Australia
 |         |            Phone +612 6562 1345 Fax +612 6567 1449
 |   /~\   |            Web http://www.midcoast.com.au/~mvoase
 |   [ ]   |            Michael H. Voase.  Director.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~          Cause Linux Flies and Windoze Dies ... 'nuf
said.