httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: version stuff in Host header and mod_perl!?
Date Wed, 24 Mar 1999 10:06:33 GMT

In article <m3emmf4wil.fsf@k6.jhcloos.com> you wrote:

> Jim> Hmmm... I'm guess ing that ap_v is a pointer to server_version?
> Jim> does it do something weird what that? ap_set_version is obviously
> Jim> being called...
>
> I cut a bit too closely:
>
> void perl_startup (server_rec *s, pool *p)
> {
>     const char *ap_v = ap_get_server_version();
>
> #if MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER >= 19980507
>     if (!strstr(ap_v, MOD_PERL_STRING_VERSION) && strnEQ(ap_v,"Apache/",7)) {
>         ap_add_version_component(MOD_PERL_STRING_VERSION);
>
> perl_startup() is the initializer entry in mod_perl's module
> MODULE_VAR_EXPORT struct.
>
> But it is also called several times in perl_config.c.  I don't have
> any <Perl> sections yet in my conf file, though.  If that is indeed
> where the problem occurs, <Perl> sections are not required.

That the perl_startup() is the init function and that the
ap_add_version_component() is done there is fine. mod_ssl does the same. So,
the reason seems to be that this function is called earlier by mod_perl, too.
The question is: Why does our Apache-check not prevent it from adding the
stuff?
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com