httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: [BUGlet] Incorrect verbose output of configure -v
Date Tue, 23 Mar 1999 16:18:19 GMT

In article <19990323152206.C1568@deejai.mch.sni.de> you wrote:

>[...]
> I must confess that the logic within configure is not very easy to grasp.

Yes, I must confess that, too.
OTOH I still see no way to make it easier... :-(

> Is the following possibly the fix?
> +    if [ "x$share" = "xyes" ] && [ x"module_${module}" = x"yes" ]; then

No, sorry. This doesn't work. At least you need one more expansion for the
module_xxxx variable. As above your test is always just "false" ;-)

Additionally the original idea was that even when the module is disabled a
--enable-shared=foo should change the AddModule to SharedModule for mod_foo
(even when it's still a commented directive). For consistency reasons. That's
what already happens correctly:

AddModule modules/standard/mod_auth_dbm.o
# SharedModule modules/standard/mod_auth_db.so

So only the -v output is wrong and should be fixed.
I'll commit a cleanup fix.
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com