httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@devsys.jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: NSPR (was Re: cvs commit: apache-apr/pthreads/src/main http_main.c)
Date Thu, 18 Mar 1999 14:22:18 GMT
bhyde@pobox.com wrote:

> The real question to ask ... Do we support backward compatiblity for existing
> modules?

My own personal take is that we should. Although there is some truth to
the reasoning that if we do this, then we remove the "need" for
module authors to update their modules, it's also a simple fact that
I doubt if most sites don't use at least a few 3rd party modules, and
leaving them high-and-dry with A2 doesn't sit well.