httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/support apxs.pl
Date Sun, 14 Mar 1999 09:23:54 GMT

In article <19990314035304.6961.qmail@hyperreal.org> you wrote:

>   Add a quick sanity check here.  The binary could have been moved or the
>   permissions changed which would cause the following grep for mos_so to
>   fail which then resulted in a misleading error message being printed.
>   We might also want to check for people who do ./configure --prefix=.
>   and disallow it or replace it with the absolute path to the current dir
>   since a $CFG_SBINDIR for ./bin in apxs doesn't make any sense.
>[...]
>   +if (not -x `$CFG_SBINDIR/$CFG_TARGET`) {
                ^^                       ^^
>   +   print STDERR "apxs:Error: $CFG_SBINDIR/$CFG_TARGET not found or not executable\n";
>   +   exit(1);
>   +}
>[...]

Ops, either I still don't understand the actual intent of your patch or this
should read "..." instead of `...`, shouldn't it, Rasmus?  At least his way
(-x in combination with an empty string, because Apache is just started via
``) doesn't make sense to me.
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com