httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <>
Subject Re: apxs -q HS_REGEX ?
Date Thu, 11 Mar 1999 17:13:32 GMT

In article <> you wrote:

> Ralf, how do you feel about adding an hs_regex setting check to apxs?  If
> a module uses regex calls I don't see how to build it via apxs without
> this check.
> This burned me on Redhat because for some odd reason whoever built the rpm
> .spec file for it disabled hsregex and my php apxs build happily went
> ahead and assumed that on Linux hsregex would be the regex library since
> that is the default for Apache there.  Would be nice to have a way to do a
> definitive check via apxs.

Our src/Configure has:

So this information should be available in APXS.  You should be able to use a
test like ``apxs -q CFLAGS | grep -- -DUSE_HSREGEX'', Rasmus. Isn't this
enough? I ask because when we add a ``apxs -q HS_REGEX'' we also have to add
various other/similar things - and then: where to stop?

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall

View raw message