httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: Anon CVS dead
Date Fri, 05 Mar 1999 19:42:59 GMT

In article <199903051217.NAA18862@isis.helios.de> you wrote:

>>Have you tried using CVSup?  I'm interested in knowing if there's
>>something anoncvs provides that cvsup doesn't.
>
> I would like to try CVSup, but it appears to be a nightmare to install.
> Or does anybody have a binary for AIX 4.1.5 that is able to make use of
> a SOCKS5 firewall floating around?

Yes, CVSup is a nightmare for non-FreeBSD boxes because of Modula-3.  I
recommend that Brian installs an Anonymous-RSYNC service on dev.apache.org as
we did for dev.openssl.org. This is even faster than CVSup on updates, needs
less bandwidth and is trivial to setup both on server and client side.  This
works fine for the OpenSSL project and it's users who want to keep up-to-date
with our repository sources.
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com