httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Charles Sliger" <c...@reliant.com>
Subject 501 Errors From Apache / libwww-perl
Date Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:07:41 GMT
Perl5.005_02 + libwww-perl + my code

When I build my test suite on a Solaris x86 system using the
GNU tools, it works OK.

When I build it on a Sequent Dynix/ptx system, I get the following
problem.  Anyone have a clue as to what might be going on here?
Is the library sensitive about the toolset used to build it?
Does anyone have experience with Apache/Perl on Dynix?
-chaz  chaz@reliant.com

Here is the message I get on the console:

PR 501 (Not Implemented) Protocol scheme 'http' is not supported

Here is the code that is making the request:

$r = &http_fetch("GET", "/test.html");

Here is the routing that is using the library:

sub http_fetch {
   my ($method, $url) = @_;
   my ($ua, $headers, $request, $response);

   #--------------------------------------------------
   #
   $ua = new av::UA;
   $ua->timeout(20);
   $url = new URI::URL("http://localhost:12345$url");
   $headers = new HTTP::Headers;
   $request = new HTTP::Request($method, $url, $headers);
   $response = $ua->request($request);
   return $response;
}