httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Randy Terbush" <ra...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: am I dreaming?
Date Thu, 25 Mar 1999 19:38:13 GMT
I suggested a few weeks back (or was it months) that we should not
consider a mismatch in MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER to be fatal. This decision
really should be left to the module vendor. The module should know
what range of MAGIC_NUMBER it can accept and decide to participate as
a registered handler or not. That simple change would solve a lot of
these issues.

I still think that little changes like the one desribed should be
MINOR number changes. That was my intent when I added
MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER_MINOR.

If we can agree on a way to deal with this, I would be happy to work
on it.

-Randy