httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mark J Cox <>
Subject Re: mod_status.c
Date Wed, 03 Feb 1999 08:59:15 GMT

Maybe we need an API so people can write their favourite mod_status page
style templates :-)  Sounds like a job for PHP.

Stronghold has had a nice status page for a while and I've mentioned a few
times here that we should incorporate it (but only Jim was enthusiastic at
the time).  Some combination of the two might be good; I don't like having
to scroll down after a reload (or using automatic reloads) to see the
table of connections for example.

If you've not seen it before see

Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 13:38:15 +0000 (GMT)
From: Mark J Cox <>
Subject: Re: mod_status and not displaying the password in request

> I'd really like to avoid Yet Another runtime directive that controls
> this, but I think this capability should be the default. After all,
> there is "lots" of sensitive data presented in the server-status
> display, and no one should really be allowing the world to see what's
> going on.

A long time ago I wrote an extension to mod_status so that you could
choose which columns you wanted to be displayed with a directive (in a
similar way to the custom logging directives).  I can't find it right now
but it wasn't difficult to implement and with the possibility of having
many more potential columns might be worth redoing.

On a similar note I changed the output of the status module for Stronghold
so that it looked nicer by using a table with some background colours and
font size changes.  I've attached an example of it (with lots of lines
removed to protect privacy :)).  I don't want to start a style-war but I'd
like to see it in the main Apache.

View raw message