httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/standard mod_log_config.c
Date Fri, 19 Feb 1999 22:46:30 GMT
On 17 Feb 1999 coar@hyperreal.org wrote:

>   	Add conditional logging based upon environment variable existence.
>   	Also add RefererIgnore functionality from mod_log_referer to
>   	mod_log_config; mod_log_referer and mod_log_agent are now
>   	deprecated.  The list of envariables to check is set up as
>   	an array even though the current implementation (TAKE23)
>   	only handles one; just in case we ever want to do something
>   	strange like, 'env=foo,bar,!bag'.

I don't recall there being a general consensus on deprecating
mod_log_agent and mod_log_referer.

I seem to recall there being at least two of us that didn't see the point
of putting RefererIgnore into mod_log_config, because the env control
solves it just fine.

I don't see the point of an array that only ever has one element -- if we
need multiple environment variables in the future we can get the code from
archives.  I don't see the point of the "int conditions" when it's the
same as saying "condition_list != NULL".

I thought all these concerns were voiced when you posted the earlier patch
for comments.

-1.

Dean