httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: [APR] Universal return syntax
Date Mon, 01 Feb 1999 17:43:41 GMT

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Ben Hyde wrote:
>
> > I like getting some descriptive text ASAP, close to the error, a lot!
>
> strerror()?
>
> I still see complex error setting as a waste of code, and a waste
> of stack.
>
> Please give me an example of a unix API function whose errors are not
> verbose enough.  APR is at its most basic level an abstraction of
> the unix API.

P.S. I'm also finding it hard to imagine that you'd suggest the error text
by dynamically allocated... so that limits it to just static messages.
That's easily handled by an enumerated type... so I'm really confused why
you want texts to be available by anything except something like
strerror().

Dean